Socialism Conference & Workshops
Capitalism Is A Crime!
Organize To Fight Back!
|Saturday, Oct. 24, 9am-4pm
African American Art & Culture Complex, 3rd floor (Accessible)
762 Fulton St. at Webster St., San Francisco
near MUNI 5, 21, 22, 47, 49, 16AX/BX and Civic Center BART
Had Enough Cuts, Layoffs & Bank Bailouts? Fight For Revolutionary Change!
- What is Socialism? Is it possible in the U.S.?
- Fight the anti-worker capitalist agenda
- Stop police brutality & racist oppression
- Is a revolutionary party necessary for working class victory?
- Healthcare for all, not for profit
- Fight layoffs, evictions, foreclosures, education cuts & union busting
- Win full rights for all immigrants
- Capitalism must go: Stop racism, sexism & homophobia
- Socialism in Cuba & revolution in Venezuela
Pre-Register online by clicking here, by phone (415-821-6171) or by email ([email protected])
$10-20 Donation no one turned away for lack of funds
[email protected] Childcare & Lunch Provided
9:00 to 9:30am – Registration and Breakfast
9:30 to 11:00am - Plenary: Capitalism as Organized Crime
Tamara Khoury, PSL activist, Students Fight Back!
Eugene Puryear, PSL 2008 Vice Presidential Candidate
Brian Becker, National Coordinator ANSWER Coalition, member - PSL National Committee
11:10am to 12:40pm - Workshop Session I
Workshop 1: Revolution in Latin America
Gloria La Riva, PSL 2008 Presidential Candidate, Coordinator-National Committee to Free the Cuban Five
Carlos Alvarez, PSL 2010 Candidate for Governor of California
Discussion of the anti-imperialist struggles in Latin America, Venezuela’s Bolivarian Revolution, the role of socialist Cuba and the role of revolutionaries in the U.S.
Workshop 2: Socialism: What it really is, Why we need it
Nathalie Hrizi, PSL 2008 Candidate for Congress
Peta Lindsay, Students Fight Back, Los Angeles
Discussion of the differences between capitalism and socialism, is socialism possible in the U.S., and why only socialism can solve the growing crisis in society.
12:40 to 1:30pm - Lunch
1:30 to 3:00pm - Workshop Session II
Workshop 1: Organizing against racism and bigotry
Cristina Gutierrez, Coordinator - Barrio Unido for Full and Unconditional Amnesty
Stewart Stout, Organizer - Equal Rights Initiative
Peta Lindsay, Students Fight Back
Discussion of the struggle against racist oppression, for LGBT equality and immigrant rights.
Workshop 2: The struggle against U.S. imperialism
Eugene Puryear, PSL National Committee
Sarah Carlson, ANSWER Coalition activist - San Francisco
Carlito Rovira, Puerto Rican community activist and PSL National Committee
Discussion of U.S. imperialist aims and the people’s struggle for liberation.
3:10 to 4:00pm - Closing Plenary: Capitalist Crisis and the Need for Revolutionary Change
Frank Lara, PSL San Francisco organizer
4:00 to 6:00pm - Reception
Conferencia de Socialismo
Oradores, Talleres y Discusiones
- Luchando Contra la Agenda Anti-Obrera del Capitalismo
- Por qué es posible el socialismo en los EE.UU.
- Luchar para los derechos del inmigrante
- Y como lograr el socialismo forjando un partido revolucionario trabajador
- ¡Salud, trabajo, vivienda sí, guerra no!
Habrá traducción al Español
All active news articles